Court Services Mission
To reduce the need for incarceration by rendering timely and accurate information to the Court while providing a continuum of cost-effective, community-based supervision and therapeutic services to the citizens of Alachua County with emphasis on accountability and preserving public safety.
Court Services Vision
- Our services will be professional, compassionate, and consistently available to the community.
- Dignity and fairness will serve as our guiding principles.
- We will have a seamless continuum of treatment and social services readily available and tailored to the needs of the individual client.
- No one will be incarcerated who can be effectively managed in the community.
Court Services Key Objectives
- By using evidenced based practices risk and needs assessments to operate various programs as alternatives for low-risk offenders to remain in the community
- Using programs that help ensure expensive jail beds are reserved for high-risk offenders
- Providing information to the Court so judges can make informed decisions about which offenders can be managed effectively in the community
- Engaging defendants in different treatment modalities
Court Services Location
The Department of Court Services is located in the Wilson Building, which is in downtown Gainesville on the NW corner of University Ave. and NE 1st Street.
Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant Fiscal Year 2014 Local Soliciation
The Department of Justice recently posted the 2014 local allocations for the Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant (JAG) Program. The allocation for Alachua County is $44,451. The tentative plan for the use of these funds is purchase equipment for the Alachua County Sheriff's Office Special Teams.
If you would like to comment or have any questions about this program call the Grant Administrator, Martha Orthoefer at 352-367-4180, or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Peria Duncan
- Department Director
- 14 NE 1st Street
- Gainesville, FL 32601
- Phone: 352-338-7390
- Fax: 352-338-7364
- TDD/TTY users, please call 711 (Florida Relay Service)
Hours of Operation
- Monday 8:30am-5:00pm
- Tuesday 8:30am-5:00pm
- Wednesday 8:30am-5:00pm
- Thursday 7:30am-5:30pm
- Friday 8:30am-5:00pm
Court Services eNews Past Newsletters