Traffic Case Filing Options
The Clerk’s Office is not permitted to accept court documents by email. Documents sent to the Clerk’s Office by email cannot be added to a court file. Documents can be submitted by mail, fax, or electronic filing. E-filed documents are usually processed and in the court file within a few hours when submitted during normal business hours. To submit a document via fax, the fax number is (352) 491-4400. By mail, documents can sent to: Alachua County Clerk of Court, 201 East University Avenue, Gainesville, FL 32601. Documents can also be brought to the Clerk’s Office in person.
How to E-File Documents for Traffic Cases
Register to e-file at no charge by going to the state e-portal at www.myflcourtaccess.com. Click the link to File Now and follow the instructions to register. In the Role dropdown select the role “self-represented litigant.” Video instructions can be found here.
- Create your document in PDF or Word. The portal does not take other document types.
- Make sure you have your case number—if you only have your ticket number, then look up your case number by following the instructions below**
- Log in with your user name and password.
- On the DIY page, select: I have my documents prepared and I’m ready to E-file and click CONTINUE.
- At the E-filing Map, under Trial Court, select Pleading on Existing Case, select Alachua County in the drop down (skip Appellate Court), then scroll down to select FILE NOW.
- Under Division, select Civil Traffic.
- Enter the Year of the case and in the Sequence # box enter the numbers following “TR” on your case number, click SEARCH.
- At the bottom of the page, click “Next” twice until you get to documents.
- On the Documents page, click on the ADD button. You can search for the document you are filing by entering a part of the name in the Search box. For example, put “election” in the search box to find Election of Court Hearing and Entry of Written Plea. Check the box for that document. You can also scroll through all of the options available on multiple pages.
Common Document Types
- Affidavit in Lieu of Proof of Insurance and Registration
- Affidavit of Defense or Admission and Waiver of Appearance
- Application for Determination of Civil Indigence
- Completion Certificate-Driving School
- Election of Court Hearing and Entry of Written Plea
- Election of Driving School
- Search for and Upload your PDF or Word document and click SAVE (ignore the PDFa warning message) and click NEXT
- On the Service List tab, check the box next to your name to receive proof of the document you filed; click NEXT
- If a fee is required, put your payment information here, otherwise click NEXT
- Click SUBMIT
**FIND CASE NUMBER USING TICKET (CITATION) NUMBER:
- Go to www.alachuaclerk.org and select Court Records in the top menu.
- In the Quick Links on the right select
- Begin your Court Records Search
- Enter the captcha
- Click on the Search button (enter does not work)
- Select General Index Search
- Enter the ticket number in the Citation Number box
- Click SEARCH
- The case number is located in the right-hand column
You can also search by your name by going back to the Search Form and putting your last and first name in those boxes, leaving the other search criteria blank.
For more information on e-filing, visit our website: http://www.alachuacounty.us/Depts/Clerk/Pages/eFiling.aspx