Alachua County Citizens Academy
Michelle Lieberman, County Manager
Animal Services Equipment Demo
Environmental Protection Surface Waters Demo
Fire Rescue Demo
Budget Activity with Participants
Citizens Academy Class Photo
Citizens Academy Graduation
Alachua County Citizens Academy Welcome Message
Dear Alachua County Citizens:
Whether you are new to our community, or are a life-long resident, we strongly encourage you, your colleagues family members, friends and neighbors to participate in the Alachua County Citizens Academy.
Our Citizens Academy offers you an opportunity to participate in behind-the-scenes tours, hear lectures and interact with Alachua County officials from the Board of County Commissioners, Constitutional Offices, Judiciary, Library District, Health Department, School Board, and Children's Trust.
Throughout the eight-week program, you will better understand the variety of discretionary and mandated services provided to you through your local government and appreciate how those services impact your quality of life. In order to graduate, participants are expected to attend at least six of the eight sessions.
Thank you for your interest in the Alachua County Citizens Academy!
The Alachua County Leadership Team
2023 Alachua County Citizens Academy Schedule (Tentative)
Each session showcases specific County Departments, Constitutional and Judicial Offices, and Special Taxing Districts within Alachua County. All sessions are Thursdays from 9:00am to 12:30pm, with the exception of May 25, 2023 which is scheduled from 8:00am to 3:00pm. Attendance at all sessions is recommended, however, you must attend at least six (6) of the eight (8) sessions to receive a certificate of completion. (Schedule is subject to change.)
April 06, 2023 - 9:00am - 12:30pm
Alachua County - Josiah T. Walls Building
- County Manager
- County Attorney
- Budget & Fiscal Services
- Alachua County Supervisor of Elections
April 13, 2023 - 9:00am - 12:30pm
Alachua County Emergency Operations Center
April 20, 2023 - 9:00am - 12:30pm
Criminal Courthouse - Jury Room
April 27, 2023 - 9:00am - 12:30pm
Work Release Facility
May 04, 2023 - 9:00am - 12:30pm
Alachua County Community Services & Health Department
May 11, 2023 - 9:00am - 12:30pm
Freedom Center at Veterans Memorial Park
May 18, 2023 - 9:00am - 12:30pm
Alachua County Library District Headquarters Bldg
May 25, 2023 - 8:00am - 3:00pm
Chartered Bus Tour - starting location TBD
The 2023 Alachua County Citizens Academy registration window has closed. If you are interested in being added to the notifications list for the 2024 Alachua County Citizens Academy, please email email@example.com
. If you have questions regarding the Citizens Academy, please call 352-264-7066.
- You must be 18 or older to participate.
- You are responsible for transportation to/from each meeting site.
- Photos may be taken during the Alachua County Citizens Academy sessions, which could be used by Alachua County for marketing, promotion, and/or informational content in print and/or digital media.
- Alachua County Citizens Academy program seating is limited to 45. If registration capacity is reached, a wait list will be generated.
- If you have a disability and need an accommodation in order to participate in a County program, service or public meeting, please contact the Alachua County Equal Opportunity Office at (352)374-5275 at least 2 business days prior to the event. TTY users please call 711 (Florida Relay Service).