Driver School Information
A Printable Affidavit Form is available.
- Important Facts
- You may only elect this option five (5) times in a lifetime as of July 1, 2010.
- At least one (1) year must have passed since you last elected to attend a Driver Improvement Course.
- You may elect a the Driver Improvement Course option by signing the sworn statement below indicating your election of the school option ( It must be received by the Clerk within 30 days of your traffic citation), or you may elect this option on-line when you make a payment.
- Upon electing the Driver Improvement Course Option, you will be given an additional 60 days to complete the course and send the completion form to the Clerk's Office. Failure to pay all fines and fees and/or file the completion form with the Clerk's Office by the due date will result in additional fees being assessed and driver's license suspension. Clerks are not authorized to accept documents for filing by e-mail. You may file your Certificate of Completion in the following manner:
- Pay Ticket or Attend School Online
You may now pay civil traffic citations and/or elect to attend a driver improvement course online and pay with your credit card over the web.
Pay Ticket or Elect Driver School
State of Florida approved list of Driving and Education Course Schools
Driver License Check
- Enroll via Mail
To Elect The School Option, Sign and Return the verification below to:
Clerk of the Courts
201 E. University Avenue
Gainesville, FL 32601
IMPORTANT: FILE THIS FORM AND YOUR PAYMENT WITHIN THIRTY DAYS OF RECEIPT OF CITATION. YOU WILL THEN BE GIVEN AN ADDITIONAL 60 DAYS TO COMPLETE THE COURSE AT A FLORIDA-APPROVED DRIVER IMPROVEMENT SCHOOL AND PROVIDE THE CLERK WITH THE CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION.
Under penalties of perjury, I swear or affirm that I have read the foregoing Driver Improvement Course Option information and I am eligible for and elect the driver improvement school option pursuant to Florida Statute 318.14(9). I have enclosed the payment required by law.
If you have any questions or comments please fill out our feedback form or call us at 352-374-3609.