Court Records Disclaimer
The Alachua County Clerk of Courts is pleased to offer Internet access to the index of the Alachua County Court Records on file in the Clerk's Office. Users should be aware of several items:
- While the Clerk's Office has attempted to ensure the accuracy of the online version of the court records index, this online index is not the official index. The complete index of cases is available at the Clerk of the Court's office located in the Alachua County Family/Civil Justice Center.
- Currently, during the beta test, the online index provides access to currently managed cases. NOTE: It may take two business days processing time before docket entries may appear for documents recently filed with the Clerk.
- Your assistance is requested. If you identify a name or document that appears to be indexed improperly please notify us at Clerk@alachuaclerk.org. Court
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.
- For security and analytic purposes, information about searches conducted through the internet index provided will be logged. Information collected from these logs will be used to maintain and improve this service.
- The Alachua County Clerk of Court makes every effort to produce and publish the most current and accurate information possible. No warranties, expressed or implied, are provided for the data herein, its use, or its interpretation.
- Adoption and other records sealed pursuant to law are exempt from public disclosure.
- In addition to those statutorily exempted, Mental Health, Jimmy Ryce, and Incapacity cases are not listed on the web site.
- Pursuant to Administrative Order #AOSC07-49 of the Supreme Court of Florida, electronic access to Alachua County Court Records will be limited to the information which is exempt from the restrictions identified in the Administrative Order.
Instructions for the Court Records Search
The Clerk has attempted to make searching the Alachua County online courts department records index as easy as possible. You should only enter the criteria by which you wish the computer to search. You do not need to enter data into every field.
If searching by name, enter last name in the first box and the first name and middle initial in the second box.
If you are searching by company name, enter the company name in the "Company" field.
Date Filed From:
The beginning date defaults to the earliest date of records online, but you may change this date to any date through the present.
The ending date defaults to the most recent documents. You may change this to any date to restrict your search results.
You may enter the case number to search by (Do not include the "01" County Code Prefix). However, be aware that in 1999 the new uniform case numbering system required by the Florida Supreme Court was implemented in Alachua County. The use of old case numbers may not provide the information requested depending on the year the case was filed. If the case you are looking for by case number is not found, please use the following conversion and notes to inquire and you may be more successful in your search:
Old 1997-1234-CA is now 1997CA1234
Note I: Family cases that were formerly CA cases are now DR cases.
(dissolution of marriage or divorce, child support, paternity, name change, etc.)
Example: 1997-1234-CA may be 1997DR1234
Note II: Probate, guardianship, trusts, wills, etc. cases are now CP cases.
Note III: Mental Health cases are now MH cases.
Note IV: Small Claims (SC), landlord/tenant (LT) and county court (CC) are now all CC cases.
Note V: Summary proceeding (SP) cases are now SC cases.
You may enter the case type (click on arrow for a drop down menu to select a document type) to search by. The system will only list 100 records using this method.
Party or Status Searches:
These are very limited searches and require that you enter additional information (ie. case number, name, etc.) for them to operate.
Search by Citation Number
You may also search by the citation number. Enter the citation number as it appears on the citation. (Entering the dash if present is not required.)
Citation No: (eg: 9999XXX, 9999-XXX or 999999-X)
You will not be able to do online research for many closed civil action records prior to 1999. Records prior to 1999 may be researched at the Records Department located at the Courthouse located at 201 E. University Avenue, Gainesville, Florida.
You will not be able to do online research for many closed criminal records prior to 1990. Records prior to 1990 may be researched at the Records Department located at the Courthouse located at 201 E. University Avenue, Gainesville, Florida.
You will not be able to do online research for many closed civil traffic records prior to March 2006. Records prior to March 2006 may be researched at the Records Department located at the Courthouse located at 201 E. University Avenue, Gainesville, Florida.