Animal Services Fee Waiver
Collaboration between ACOSS and Alachua County Animal Services to grant a fee waiver allowing indigent persons to reclaim their pets. Exclusions may apply.
Indigent Burials or Cremations
Indigent Burial and/or cremation services are available to eligible persons who died in Alachua County.
Services such as a brief assessment, information and referral are available to all persons.
Rent and Mortgage
Rent and mortgage assistance may be available for eligible residents to assist in the prevention of eviction and foreclosure and to reduce homelessness.
RTS Day Bus Pass
Eligible residents may be eligible to receive a RTS day bus pass to access public transportation for medical and/or work related reasons.
Solid Waste Waiver for Garbage Collection
The Board of County Commissioners approved a mandatory garbage collection program in an effort to protect the environment and to provide participating citizens with the lowest possible cost for garbage collection services. This applies to rural areas only.
Urgent Special Needs
The Urgent Special Needs program offers assistance for items and services that are not offered through any other sources. Limitations may apply on all services.
Utility assistance may be available for eligible residents to prevent the interruption of utility services.
Limited Medical Supplies
ACOSS will assist eligible client obtain medical supplies. Client must not be eligible for any other insurance. Exclusions apply.
Limited Prescription Assistance
ACOSS will assist eligible clients with limited prescription assistance by helping to pay for their medications. Client is responsible for co-pay. Client must not be eligible for any other insurance. Exclusions apply.
Primary Care at Family Practice Medical Group
Primary Physician Care may be available for eligible persons including diagnostic testing and lab work. Client must not be eligible for any other insurance. Exclusions apply.
Vision Exams and Eyeglasses
A collaborative effort between ACOSS and Lions Club Sight and Hearing Foundation to provide vision exams and eyeglasses to eligible persons.
The following items are needed when applying for assistance:
- Social Security Cards for household
- Proof of identity (driver's license, photo I.D.)
- Proof of residency (rent receipt, utility bills, school/employment records, Food Stamp certification)
- If born outside of the United States, proof of legal residency
- Proof of gross income for all household members for past 60 days
- Proof of current assets (bank/credit union statements, CD's,
retirement funds, cash value of life insurance, stocks, bonds, trust
funds, non-homestead property, etc.)
- If no income, a support statement from family members or friends who have been providing you with help
- Status of any other assistance you have applied for (WAGES, SSI/SSA, Unemployment, Worker's Compensation, Victim Of Crimes)
- Status of any pending legal action
- Shelter statement/Lease
- Utility bill