The Alachua County Commission will conduct its Regular Meeting on Tuesday, March 26, 2019. The meeting begins at 9 a.m. There are no evening meeting agenda items. The meeting is in the Jack Durrance Auditorium (Room 209), located on the second floor of the Alachua County Administration Building (12 S.E. 1st Street, downtown Gainesville).
Beginning on April 9, 2019, the County Commission Regular Meetings will begin at 11:30 a.m. Click for details.
Items of interest include:
- Approval of a Proclamation declaring March 30, 2019 as "Vietnam Veteran Tribute Day" in Alachua County, FL
- Approval of a Proclamation declaring April 2019 "National Healthcare Decisions Month" in Alachua County, FL
- Approval of a Proclamation declaring March 30,2019 as "Doctor's Day" in Alachua County, FL
- Recreation and Open Space Advisory Committee appointments
- Report by the County Historical Commission regarding possible future display locations for the Historic Lion Statuary, and BoCC action to determine location to move statue currently on loan to Matheson Museum
- Request to advertise Ordinance 19-# - ULDC revisions for non-conforming uses and administrative development plans
- Wild Spaces Public Places Active Recreation Projects discussion
- Investigator Pro (a/k/a SECURUS) Software discussion and presentation
- Presentation: Fire Service Contracts update
- Alachua County/City of Newberry - Roadway Maintenance Agreement
- Ordinance-Fireworks Special Permit
- Ordinance-Amendments to Administrative Code
View the Regular Meeting agenda and backup materials.
There are two public comment opportunities during the Regular Meeting, which enable citizens to speak to items, not on the agenda. The public is encouraged to attend the meeting. It will be available to view live on Facebook, Cox Channel 12, and on the County’s Video on Demand website.
Citizens are encouraged to stay engaged by signing up for the following: Facebook Twitter Instagram Newsletter/Press Release
For more information, contact the Alachua County Communications Office at 352-374-5204.