State Housing Initiative Partnership a/k/a S.H.I.P, provides funding to local Governments to preserve affordable housing. It is designed to serve very low, low and moderate income families.
The Down Payment Assistance (DPA) provides funding to assist eligible first time homebuyers with down payment and closing costs, as well as home repairs necessary to meet minimum housing code.
To obtain a copy of this S.H.I.P. Down Payment Assistance Brochure please contact the Alachua County Housing Program at 352-337-6240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to the “S.H.I.P” funding, you may also qualify for up to $7,500 in down payment and closing cost assistance through the Escambia County Housing Finance Authority. You may contact them at 800-388-1970 or 850-432-7077 for more information.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I Qualify
In order to qualify, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a first-time home buyer as defined by the applicable program.
- Purchase property located outside the City of Gainesville limits and within Alachua County.
- Have successfully completed a SHIP-certified or equivalent Homebuyer Education Class prior to closing. (classes are offered by Neighborhood Housing Development Corp and the City of Gainesville)
- Be qualified for an affordable first mortgage through a S.H.I.P. approved lender. List of lenders.
- Must obtain a home inspection from an approved inspection service.
- Meet other requirements depending on funding source.
- Qualifying information.
To obtain the Homebuyer Education Class schedule, List of Lenders, and/or Approved Inspection Service list, please contact the Alachua County Housing Program at 352-337-6240 or by email at email@example.com
What income category does the program serve?
Very Low, Low Income, and Moderate Income depending upon funding availability.
What are the award limits?
Maximum loan is subject to available funding. and income category.
What are the terms of the loan?
Funding is provided in the form of a 10 year deferred second mortgage. Mortgage is due on sale, refinance or transfer of property, or satisfaction of term.
Escambia County Down Payment and Closing Cost Assistance
DOWN PAYMENT CLOSING COST ASSISTANCE
In addition to the “S.H.I.P”
funding, you may also qualify for up to $7,500 in down payment and
closing cost assistance through the Escambia County Housing Finance Authority.
You may contact them at 800-388-1970 or 850-432-7077 for more information.