You are about to register for an exciting multi-month, scavenger hunt competition that will lead you and your team on the ECO CHASE CHALLENGE in THE RACE AGAINST WASTE. Missions designed to encourage waste reduction, proper recycling, and conservation awareness, will lead you to discover the many resources and community partners that make Alachua County a great eco-friendly place to live.
The ECO CHASE CHALLENGE is a super engaging, task-oriented competition. If your application is accepted, you will become one of 50 teams in this exciting competition. Using Goosechase, a free app-based platform, your team will earn points at various checkpoints. You will need to use GPS check-ins, answer trivia questions, upload photos and videos and complete various challenges to stay a step ahead of your competition. You will be competing for thousands of dollars in cash and prizes! The Challenge will start in February and Missions will continue to be revealed through April 22nd (Earth Day 2023).
How do we win? There will be lots of ways to win both money and prizes during and at the end of the competition. You do not have to complete every Mission to be in a prize bracket, however, the more you complete the more you can win! Hint: We will award bonus prizes like gift cards and gift baskets throughout the game, in addition to the big money prizes at the end.
Team registration will close when we reach 50 teams first SO DON’T WAIT!
Before submitting your application, please carefully read the following.
By submitting my application, I understand and agree:
• I can link up to 5 smart phones per team. Once your team registration has been approved, you will be instructed to download Goosechase, a free scavenger hunt app. You will be provided a key code via email to enter the game, and you will be able to invite up to 4 other players to join you. Your “Team” may include as many people as you would like, however, only 5 phones will have access to earn points on your team’s behalf. There is no registration fee to participate in the Eco Chase Challenge.
• I am an Alachua County Resident. In order to collect prize money (we have over $2K in prize money btw), you will need to show your Driver License or other government ID to prove County residency before we can issue the check. How you split your winnings with your team is up to you and your teammates.
• I am at least 18 years old. Eco Chase Challenge is a family friendly adventure, but you will be on a “wild goosechase” to earn points all over the County. We need at least one of you to be a responsible adult… ok well, at least an adult. You can include younger minions on your team but as the team leader, you need to be at least 18 to register for this challenge.
• To complete and return Photo & Video Releases. You will be uploading photos and videos to complete Missions! We are excited to include your team’s photos and videos in our highlight reels and on social media. Players will need to return the release forms before the games begin. We will email you the forms or a link to the form when your registration is approved. Under 18 players will need a parent or guardian signature please. By submitting my applicationand upon entering the Goosechase app, I agree to the Photo & Video Release below.
• I understand the time and transportation commitment. Eco Chase Challenge will run from February through April 2023. Points are awarded for every Mission your team completes, and your ranking can be viewed on the in-app Leaderboard. Some Missions will be revealed immediately, some will be unlocked during the game (be sure to turn on your app alerts). Most Missions will not be time/date specific to accomplish so you can fit them in with your spare time. A few Missions will be limited time challenges. Many will require you to go to a specific location in Alachua County to unlock points (it is a scavenger hunt after all). The game is designed to keep you engaged but not overwhelmed. We know you have other life commitments. Hint: That’s why you can have up to 5 linked phones so you can work together as a TEAM!
• There is no fee to register my team. Thanks to Alachua County BOCC and our generous Sponsors, there is no cost to register your team. We do ask that you PLEASE make sure you and your team are committed to accept the challenge before you register. We can only include 50 teams in total and reserve the right to drop any team that ghosts our competition.
Register for the Eco Chase Challenge
Once you click SUBMIT, we will review your application and if accepted, we will email you everything you need to join the competition. The email will come from one of our staff with an “@alachuacounty.us” address. You will receive a response either way, so be sure to check your spam folder.
You’re almost there! Now gather your team and get ready to unlock the clues and discover all that makes Alachua County an awesome eco-friendly place to live!
The Alachua County Solid Waste & Resource Recovery department is committed to promoting waste reduction, proper recycling, and resource conservation by providing education and outreach throughout the community.
TERMS OF SERVICE: I hereby grant to Alachua County, Florida (“Alachua County”) the permission to use reproductions of my photographs and video, and to use my name associated with those photographs and video in any and all of its publications, including website entries, without payment or any other consideration. I understand and agree that these reproductions will become the property of Alachua County and will not be returned. I hereby irrevocably authorize Alachua County to edit, alter, copy, exhibit, publish or distribute these photographs and video for purposes of publicizing Alachua County programs or for any other lawful purpose. In addition, I waive the right to inspect or approve the finished product, including written or electronic copy, wherein my likeness appears. Additionally, I waive any right to royalties or other compensation arising or related to the use of the photograph or video. I hereby hold harmless and release and forever discharge Alachua County from all claims, demands, and causes of action which I, my heirs, representatives, executors, administrators, or any other persons acting on my behalf or on behalf of my estate have or may have by reason of this authorization.