How to Do Business with the County
The requests generated by Alachua County departments, the Library
District and other user agencies results in a continual need for a wide variety
of goods and services.
Alachua County Procurement is responsible for purchasing or supervising the purchase
of goods and services for all Alachua County departments under the County Manager,
the Alachua County Library District and various other users. The following information
explains how vendors may participate in Alachua County's Purchasing process.
Alachua County Procurement has partnered with OpenGov/ProcureNow and is excited to announce our transition from a solely paper-based bid solicitation process to a fully automated web-based electronic bidding and vendor management system. To continue to receive bid notifications, you will want to check Procurements home page, or our new e-Procurement Portal located here. There is no cost for vendors to register in OpenGov/ProcureNow
Our new e-Procurement Portal will allow prospective Vendors and Suppliers the ability to:
- Register to receive notifications of future opportunities by signing up for our new e-Procurement Portal and selecting the “Subscribe” button to create an account.
- Follow along with updates to existing opportunities by finding the opportunity and clicking the “Follow” button. This will allow all interested bidders to receive amendments and addenda automatically.
- Submit questions and receive answers online regarding open bid opportunities.
- Use a guided process of responding electronically to bids to ensure your bids have been accurately completed
- Receive timely support for bid questions.
- Have one location for all bid opportunities issued by the Alachua County Procurement.
OpenGov will send you an email to activate your account, so please be on the lookout for that. Or you may subscribe to our bids by navigating here (Procurement Portal) and clicking the “Subscribe” button.
For more information about how to register, please see our help file.
Should you have any additional questions, please contact the Alachua County Procurement.
This system is utilized for formal solicitations and is used as a reference listing for smaller purchases. Based upon the registered vendors' commodity selection, vendors are notified via e-mail of formal solicitation opportunities for the product(s) or service(s) that were selected.
Participation in the OpenGov/ProcureNow system, however, is not a necessary requirement for doing business with Alachua County Board of County Commissioners, is required for the formal solicitation process. However, if a vendor chooses not to register with OpenGov/ProcureNow, they will not automatically receive notification of bidding opportunities. Vendors may, however, continue to find out about bidding opportunities by checking the local newspaper, The Gainesville Sun or visiting our solicitation opportunities page.