Elect the Driver Improvement Course Option:
Make your election and pay the fine within 30 days of receiving your citation (see chart). You must complete the school and provide proof of school completion to the Clerk’s Office within 90 days of receiving your citation:
Read the course information on the reverse side of this form and, if eligible, sign the verification and return the signed form and fine amount to the mailing address listed above. You may also elect a Florida Driver Improvement Course option via the internet. Go to www.AlachuaClerk.org. You must attend a driver improvement course approved by the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles. Upon completion of the course, you must file your certificate of completion with the Clerk’s Office regardless of any other instructions you may receive. Driver Improvement Courses can be found in the “Yellow” pages of the telephone book and on the internet. The chart on the reverse side indicates the fine you will still have to pay.
Form 20/2006 (Additional Information is printed on your citation)
CITATION # _____________________________
TICKET OPTION 3 (Back of Ticket)
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE DRIVER IMPROVEMENT COURSE OPTION (No CDL):
(Fla. Statute 318.14(9)) USE THIS FORM OR GO TO WWW.ALACHUACLERK.ORG
- You may only elect this option five (5) times in a lifetime as of July 1, 2010.
- At least one (1) year must have passed since you last elected to attend a Driver Improvement Course.
- This sworn statement must be received by the Clerk with full payment within 30 days of this traffic citation. Refer to the chart below for correct fine amounts. (You will then be given an additional 60 days to complete the course and provide the Clerk with proof of completion.)
- Make checks payable to: Alachua County Clerk of Court. Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express cards are also accepted.
- If you elect this option, failure to pay and complete school within the time allowed will result in suspension of your driver’s license, additional fines, and points.
PENALTY FOR FALSE VERIFICATION
Should the State find that you did not meet the above stated eligibility requirements to elect the Driver Improvement Course option, your driver's license may be suspended, points will be assessed, and substantial fines and fees will be imposed.
Under penalties of perjury, I swear or affirm that I have read the foregoing Driver Improvement Course option information and I am eligible for and elect the Driver Improvement school option pursuant to Florida Statute 318.14(9). I have enclosed the full amount of the fine (See schedule below) and understand that the Clerk’s office must receive this verification and the payment within 30 days of the citation being issued.