February 11, 2020
To search an individual’s name enter the last name then a space then the first name. A middle initial can be used to narrow the search, however, if the initial is not indexed, then name will not appear in the search. For example, to search for John A Smith, type “SMITH JOHN” or “SMITH JOHN A”
To search for an organization name, the entire name is indexed in the Last Name Field. Enter the name of the organization as written. Trusts are indexed as organizations as well as corporations, limited liability companies, agencies, etc. For example, to search for the John A Smith Revocable Trust, type “JOHN A SMITH REVOCABLE TRUST.”
- Searches are performed by grantor or grantee names.
- Parcel numbers are not indexed; they are available on the Property Appraiser’s Website.
- Possessive apostrophes (‘) are removed with NO space, ex. Joe’s becomes JOES.
- Surname apostrophes (') are removed with NO space, ex. O’Brien becomes OBRIEN.
- Periods (.) are replaced with ONE space unless it is for a web company where the period remains (remains Bank.com).
- Commas (,) are replaced with ONE space.
- Hyphens (-) are replaced with ONE space.
- Slashes (/) are replaced with ONE space.
- Ampersands are used as shown on the document.
- “And” is not replaced with an ampersand in indexing.
- Parentheses are removed with NO space.
- The “at” symbol “@” is used as shown on the document.
- Abbreviations are not used as a general rule unless the document uses the abbreviation.
- Property Assessment Clean Energy District can also be searched as PACE
- Mortgage Electronic Registration Inc. can also be searched as MERS