Domestic Violence / Injunctions

​​Domestic violence is a serious matter.

Fifty two percent of all women killed in America are killed by a family member or partner.

An injunction for protection against Domestic Violence, Repeat Violence, Sexual Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking may be ordered by the court.

For help, the Clerk's Office offers several options to assist:

  • If it is an emergency, dial 911.
  • You may come to the Family and Civil Courthouse or call 352-337-6196 and speak with a Deputy Clerk.
  • The Clerk's Office has partnered with our local domestic violence shelter, Peaceful Paths, in providing an advocate at the Courthouse. You may come to the Family and Civil Courthouse and visit with the advocate who can assist in answering questions and with filing a petition for injunction. You may also call the Peaceful Paths Domestic Abuse Network at 352-377-8255 for help or to set an appointment with an advocate.
  • You may obtain Florida Supreme Court approved forms online and file them without assistance. View the forms to petition for Domestic, Repeat, Sexual or Dating Violence, and Stalking injunctions.
  • If you are in need of an injunction afterhours or on the weekend, you may go to the Alachua County Sheriff's Office located at 2621 SE Hawthorne Road, Gainesville, FL where Sheriff staff has been authorized to assist with the filing of a petition for an injunction.
  • The Clerk's Office also provides a free, self-help online service called TurboCourt. The program will guide you through filling out a petition for an injunction. You can then print your completed forms and bring them to the courthouse. Visit TurboCourt now to fill out these forms.
  • You may also contact an attorney to assist you.