The Alachua County Commission will hold a Special Meeting and a Regular Meeting on Tuesday, April 9, 2019. The Special Meeting begins at 9 a.m., in the Grace Knight Conference Room, and the Regular Meeting will begin at 11:30 a.m., in the Jack Durrance Auditorium. Both locations are on the second floor of the Alachua County Administration Building (12 S.E. 1st Street, downtown Gainesville).
The Special Meeting Agenda includes:
- Camp McConnell - Board discussion and negotiation for ITA 19-915: Notice of Intent to Accept Applications (ITA) for Conveyance or Lease pursuant to §125.38, Florida Statutes, or for Partnership or Management pursuant to §163.01, Florida Statutes, of Camp McConnell
View the Special Meeting agenda and backup materials.
The Regular Meeting Agenda includes:
- Length of Service Milestone Recognition
- 2019 Management Academy Graduates - Recognition and presentation of certificates
- Approval of a Proclamation declaring April 10, 2019, as "Gopher Tortoise Day 2019" in Alachua County, FL
- Approval of Proclamation declaring April 2019, as "Fair Housing Month" in Alachua County, FL
- Approval of a Proclamation declaring April 2019, as "Child Abuse Prevention Month" in Alachua County, FL
- Approval of a Proclamation declaring April 2019, as "Sexual Assault Awareness Month" in Alachua County, FL
- Approval of a Proclamation declaring April 7, through April 13, 2019, as "Library Appreciation Week" in Alachua County, FL
- Presentation by the Children's Services Advisory Board about its Annual Work Plan and Accomplishments Report, Gap Analysis of Child Well-Being Indicators and Program Support, and funding recommendation for Better Out Of School Time (BOOST)
- Presentation: Joint public safety regarding Interstate 75
- City of High Springs CRA Annual Report
- Proposed revisions to the Alachua County Water Quality Code
- Ordinance - Irresponsible Pet Owners
- Approval of a Proclamation declaring April 14 through April 20, 2019, as "National Public Safety Telecommunicators Week" in Alachua County, FL
- Approval of a Proclamation declaring April 2019, as "Water Conservation Month" in Alachua County, FL
View the Regular Meeting agenda and backup materials.
There is one public comment opportunity during the Special Meeting and four public comment opportunities during the Regular Meeting. Public comment enables citizens to speak to items, not on the agenda. The public is encouraged to attend both of these meetings. They will be available to view live on Facebook, Cox Channel 12, and on the County’s Video on Demand website.
Citizens are encouraged to stay engaged by signing up for the following: Facebook Twitter Instagram Newsletter/Press Release
For more information, contact the Alachua County Communications Office at 352-374-5204.