The Alachua County Commission will conduct its Regular Meeting on Tuesday, March 12, 2019. The meeting begins at 9 a.m., and will recess after the daytime agenda items are complete. The meeting will reconvene at 5:01 p.m. The evening Public Comment period has been changed from 5:30 p.m. to 5:01 p.m. The meeting is in the Jack Durrance Auditorium (Room 209), located on the second floor of the Alachua County Administration Building (12 S.E. 1st Street, downtown Gainesville).
Daytime items of interest include:
- City of Gainesville Annexation: Presentation and request for Board direction on potential appeal
- High Springs to Newberry Rail Trail update
- Scope of Services to perform Hydrologic Investigation and Flood Mitigation Assessment for Kanapaha Prairie
- Brief History Reading of the Alachua County Historical Commission with image presentation on the "Star Garage"
- Annual update from CareerSource North Central Florida
Evening Items of Interest include:
- Public Hearing to amend the FY19 Budget for mid-year adjustments
- Public Hearing for Proposed Plat Vacation of Magnolia Grove
- ZOM-03-19: Minor Planned Development Amendment (Haile Plantation Market Square)
- ZOM-02-19: Midgard self-storage Planned Development
- CR 2082 Pavement rehab options
- Parkwood Subdivision Preliminary Development Plan - 135 lot single-family residential subdivision
View the Regular Meeting agenda and backup materials.
There are four public comment opportunities during the Regular Meeting, which enable citizens to speak to items, not on the agenda. The public is encouraged to attend the meetings. They will be available to view live on Facebook, Cox Channel 12, and on the County’s Video on Demand website.
Citizens are encouraged to stay engaged by signing up for the following: Facebook Twitter Instagram Newsletter/Press Release
For more information, contact the Alachua County Communications Office at 352-374-5204.