Welcome to the Environmental Protection Department
- In The Spotlight
In The Spotlight
- The 2019 Saving My Alachua Contest entries are due February 8th! Click HERE to view the entry flier.
- The Countywide Wetland Protection Code (Ordinance 2018-05) was adopted on January 23, 2018. Click HERE to view adopted ordinance and related forms.
- Report newly formed sinkholes or solution features by clicking on the "Contact Us" tab on upper right
- New easy to use online Well Registration Form - Click Here
Alachua County Resumes Biodiesel Production
If you have a disability and need an accommodation in order to participate in a program or service of the Department of Environmental Protection (EPD), please call EPD at 352-264-6800 at least 2 business days prior to the event. TTY users please call 711 (Florida Relay Service). Printed materials are available in alternate format upon request.
- Environmental Protection Department
- 408 W. University Avenue
- Suite 106
- Gainesville, FL 32601
Hazardous Materials Management
Hazardous Waste Collection