ALACHUA COUNTY, FL – The Alachua County Commission will conduct their Regular Meeting/Public Hearing on Tuesday, May 10, 2016. The Regular Meeting begins at 9 a.m., and the Public Hearing begins at 5 p.m. Both meetings are in the Jack Durrance Auditorium (Room 209) on the second floor of the Alachua County Administration Building (12 S.E. 1st Street, downtown Gainesville).
Items of interest at the Regular Meeting:
11. State Legislative Update Presentation by Tom Griffin
12. Veterans Memorial renovation
13. Program presentation by Alachua County Sheriff Sadie Darnell
14. Presentation to the Alachua County Board of County Commissioners by the Department of Court Services on its Alachua County Behavioral Health Map for Fiscal Year 2015
15. Fire and First Response EMS agreements
Item of interest at the Public Hearing:
21. Public Hearing to consider the adoption of a Ballot Initiative Ordinance to acquire and improve Conservation Lands and create, improve and maintain Parks and Recreational Facilities throughout the County
22. CPA 06-15: County Initiated Comprehensive Plan Amendment relating to accessory dwelling units in the rural area
23. Transmittal Hearing #2 for CPA-01-16 to Revise Policy 1.6.8 of the Transportation Mobility Element to provide for considering fiscal constraints when adding paved shoulders or bicycle lanes as part of resurfacing projects
24. First Public Hearing: County initiated ULDC amendments
25. Abbey Glen, Lot 11 Replat
26. Finley Woods Planned Development Phase 1C Plat
View the complete Regular/Public Hearing/Consent agenda and backup materials
Supplemental Agenda Items:
Items to be Added to the Regular Agenda
• Status update and discussion of the issues concerning the dispute with the City of Gainesville over the former RTS Operations Facility (to follow item 13)
• Update on proposed HPSII Phosphate Mine (to follow the item above)
Item to be Added to the Consent Agenda
• Alachua County Public Schools Ballot Initiative (to follow item 30)
View the Supplemental Agenda and backup materials
There are four public comment opportunities during the Regular/Public Hearing Meetings, which enable citizens to speak to items not on the agenda. The public is encouraged to attend meetings, view them live on Cox Channel 12, or on the County’s Video on Demand website.
Free parking is available for citizens attending these meetings. Please park in the S.W. Parking Garage (220 S.E. 2nd Ave, Gainesville) and bring your parking stub to the Alachua County Manager's Office, located on the 2nd floor of the County Administration Building, to receive a chaser validation ticket.
Citizens are encouraged to stay engaged by signing up for the following: Facebook Twitter Newsletter/Press Release
For more information, contact the Alachua County Communications Office at 352-374-5204.