ALACHUA COUNTY, FL – The Alachua County Commission will conduct their Regular Meeting/Public Hearing on Tuesday, August 11, 2015. The Regular Meeting begins at 9 a.m., and the Public Hearing begins at 5 p.m. Both meetings are in the Jack Durrance Auditorium (Room 209) on the second floor of the Alachua County Administration Building (12 S.E. 1st Street, downtown Gainesville).
Items of interest at the Regular Meeting include:
5. Recognition of John Mousa's Retirement from the Alachua County Board of County Commissioners
6. Business and Economic Growth Task Force Appointments
7. Report on Department of Juvenile Justice Cases and Discussion of Payments to the Department
8. Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) Signage, Request for Direction
9. Request by Newberry City Manager Regarding Interlocal Service Boundary Agreement
10. Update on Property Assessed Clean Energy in Alachua County
11. Lease/Purchase Analysis of 515 North Main Street Building
12. Special Events in the Rural Area Report and Discussion
13. Recommendation to Expand the Scope of the Empowerment Center Oversight Advisory Board
14. Grace Market Place and Dignity Village Single Vendor Manager Recommendation, Empowerment Center Oversight Advisory Board
15. Medical Clinic Building Capital Improvements Funding in the FY 16/17 Legislative Request, Empowerment Center Oversight Advisory Board Recommendation
16. Recommendation to Forward the Empowerment Center Citizen Workgroup Recommendations to the Alachua County and City of Gainesville Commissions
Items of interest at the Public Hearing:
22. Public Hearing for Street Vacation, Tamiami Heights No. 6 Palm Street
23. Public Hearing for Street Vacation, SW 45th Street
24. Public Hearing, Smithers Survey Plat Vacation
25. SW 63rd Blvd/SW 62nd Avenue Rehabilitation Project
View the complete Regular/Public Hearing/Consent agenda and backup materials.
There are four public comment opportunities during the Regular/Public Hearing Meetings, which enable citizens to speak to items not on the agenda. Citizens are encouraged to attend meetings, view them live on Cox Channel 12, or on the County’s Video on Demand website. Citizens are encouraged to stay engaged by signing up for the following: Facebook Twitter Newsletter/Press Release
For more information, contact the Alachua County Communications Office at 352-374-5204.