ALACHUA COUNTY, FL – The Alachua County Commission will conduct their Regular Meeting/Public Hearing on Tuesday, October 28, 2014. The Regular Meeting begins at 9 a.m. and the Public Hearing begins at 5 p.m. Both meetings are in the Jack Durrance Auditorium (Room 209) on the second floor of the Alachua County Administration Building located at 12 SE 1st Street, downtown Gainesville.
Items of interest at the Regular Meeting include:
5. Resolution supporting the request by Sandvik Mining and Construction USA LLC for the participation in the Qualified Target Industry (QTI) Program
6. Rachael Ray $100K Challenge Wrap-up
Items of interest at the Public Hearing:
15. Public Hearing - Resolution of Intent for SAD on NW 210 Avenue, NW 205 Street, NW 218 Avenue and NW 202 Street east of NW County Road 236
16. Creation of the Springhills Transportation Improvement District and Authorization of Funding of the Springhills Public-Private Partnerships
17. Springhills District (Santa Fe Village Project) Transportation Improvement Agreement
18. CPA-05-14: A request to amend the Alachua County Future Land Use Map 2030 from Light Industrial to Commercial
19. ZOM-04-14: A request to rezone approximately 4.5 acres from 'BW' (Business Warehouse) district and 'BH' (Highway Oriented Business) district to 'BA' (Automotive Oriented Business) district
20. Review of Barr Hammock Levy Loop Trail Management
There are four public comment opportunities during the Regular/Public Hearing Meetings, which enable citizens to speak to items not on the agenda. Citizens are encouraged to attend meetings, view them live on Cox Channel 12, or on the County’s Video on Demand website. Citizens are encouraged to stay engaged by signing up for the following: Facebook Twitter Newsletter/Press Release
For more information, contact the Alachua County Communications Office at 352-374-5204.