ALACHUA COUNTY, FL – The Alachua County Commission will conduct their Regular Meeting/Public Hearing on Tuesday, June 10, 2014. The Regular Meeting begins at 9 a.m. and the Public Hearing begins at 5 p.m. Both meetings are in the Jack Durrance Auditorium (Room 209) on the second floor of the Alachua County Administration Building located at 12 SE 1st Street, downtown Gainesville.
Items of interest at the Regular Meeting include:
8. Present the Renovation Plan to County Veterans Memorial at Kanapaha Park
9. Three Minute Local History Presentation by the Alachua County Historical Commission
10. Discussion on Department of Juvenile Justice (DJJ)
11. Transportation Surtax Citizen Oversight Committee
14. Selection of a name for the Transportation Surtax
15. Alachua County Manager Recruitment Timeline Discussion
Items of interest at the Public Hearing:
18. Ordinance Requiring Registration of Lobbyists
19. Charter County and Regional Transportation System Sales Surtax Ordinance for Roads
20. ZOX-01-14: A request for a special exception to allow a private animal sanctuary in an 'A' (Agriculture) zoning district on approximately 39 acres
View the complete Regular/Public Hearing/Consent agenda and backup materials.
There are four public comment opportunities during the Regular/Public Hearing Meetings, which enable citizens to speak to items not on the agenda. Citizens are encouraged to attend meetings, view them live on Cox Channel 12, or on the County’s Video on Demand website. Citizens are encouraged to stay engaged by signing up for the following: Facebook Twitter Newsletter/Press Release
For more information, contact the Alachua County Communications Office at 352-374-5204.