ALACHUA COUNTY, FL – The Alachua County Commission will conduct their Regular Meeting/Public Hearing on Tuesday, February 11, 2014. The Regular Meeting begins at 9 a.m. and the Public Hearing begins at 5 p.m. Both meetings are in the Jack Durrance Auditorium (Room 209) on the second floor of the Alachua County Administration Building located at 12 SE 1st Street, downtown Gainesville.
Items of interest at the Regular Meeting include:
New Item – 2014 Federal Legislative Program
10. Flu Mist Annual Presentation
11. St. Johns River Water Management District Water Supply Plan 2013
12. Presentation on Solid Waste Management
13. A and E Services for a Mixed Waste Materials Recovery Facility
14. A and E Services for Technology and Organics Recycling Evaluation
Item of interest at the Public Hearing:
19. Small Cities Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Application Public Hearing
20. Nonbinding Referendum on Amending U.S. Constitution to Provide That Only Natural Persons are Entitled to Constitutional Rights
View the complete Regular/Public Hearing/Consent agenda and backup materials.
There are four public comment opportunities during the Regular/Public Hearing Meetings, which enable citizens to speak to items not on the agenda. Citizens are encouraged to attend meetings, view them live on Cox Channel 12, or on the County’s Video on Demand website. Citizens are encouraged to stay engaged by signing up for the following: Facebook Twitter Newsletter/Press Release
For more information, contact the Alachua County Communications Office at 352-374-5204.