ALACHUA COUNTY, FL – The Alachua County Commission will conduct their Regular Meeting/Public Hearing on Tuesday, September 10, 2013. The Regular Meeting begins at 9 a.m. and the Public Hearing begins at 5 p.m. Both meetings are in the Jack Durrance Auditorium (Room 209) on the second floor of the Alachua County Administration Building located at 12 SE 1st Street, downtown Gainesville.
Items of interest at the Regular Meeting include:
11. Extension of the 2013 Tax Roll
12. Land Conservation Board request for Commission to send letter of opposition to State regarding Current Conservation Lands Assessment
13. Ceremonial GRU check presentation
14. Poll results for the proposed Special Assessment District for NE 35 Avenue, NE 255 Drive and Quail Street from NE CR 219A
Items of interest at the Public Hearing include:
19. FY14 Proposed Millage Rates and Adjusted Tentative Budgets; FY14 Financial Policies; FY14 Schedule of Fees and Charges for Services; FY14-18 Comprehensive Capital Improvement Program
20. Public Hearing to amend the Purchasing Code
21. Solid Waste: Final Rate Resolution
View the complete Regular/Public Hearing/Consent agenda and backup materials.
There are four public comment opportunities during the Regular/Public Hearing Meetings, which enable citizens to speak to items not on the agenda. Citizens are encouraged to attend meetings, view them live on Cox Channel 12, or on the County’s Video on Demand website. Citizens are encouraged to stay engaged by signing up for the following: Facebook Twitter Newsletter/Press Release
For more information, contact the Alachua County Communications Office at 352-374-5204.