ALACHUA COUNTY, FL – The Alachua County Commission will conduct a Special Meeting/General Policy Discussion (previously called the Informal Meeting) at 10 a.m. on Tuesday May 1, 2012 in the Grace Knight Conference Room on the second floor of the Alachua County Administration Building located at 12 SE 1st Street, downtown Gainesville.
The agenda includes the following items for discussion:
1. A discussion on restricting the use of the roads portion of the Transportation Surtax
2. A discussion on whether the Transportation Surtax should be levied over a ten-year or fifteen-year period
3. Discuss the CHOICES Program
4. Discuss Community Redevelopment Agencies (CRAs)
5. Discuss Organizational Memberships
6. Commission discussion
View agenda and backup material
The Special Meeting/General Policy Discussion meetings are held twice a month on the first and third Tuesdays at 10 a.m. The agenda always includes a Commission Discussion agenda item so that Commissioners can discuss any item they choose. The Commission will not make motions or take action during the Commission Discussion period.
Citizens are encouraged to attend the meetings or to view them live on Cox Channel 12 or on the County’s Video on Demand website.
For more information, contact the Alachua County Communications Office at 352-374-5204.