ALACHUA COUNTY, FL - On Monday August 2, 2010, at 1:30 p.m. and Tuesday August 3, 2010 at 1:30 p.m. the Alachua County Commission will conduct two special meetings. Both meetings are in the County Administration Building located at 12 SE 1st Street, downtown Gainesville.
The August 2, 1:30 meeting is in the Jack Durrance Auditorium, room 209. The agenda includes:
1. Tourist Development funding for Fairgrounds and Cade Museum
2. Financing Options for Construction of New Fairgrounds (Phase I)
3. Workforce Analysis and Comparative Data for Alachua County BoCC
4. Solid Waste Commercial Franchise Application and Transfer Station Use and Disposal Agreement
5. Early Learning Center Update
6. Dwight Adams v. Alachua County Board of County Commissioners and Pam Carpenter, Supervisor of Elections (Charter Amendment lawsuit)
7. Southwest Advocacy Group (SWAG) Update
To view agenda and links to backup documentation click here.
The August 3, 1:30 meeting is in the Grace Knight Conference Room. The agenda includes:
1. FY11/12 Budget Development
2. Community Agency Partnership Program (CAPP) This item is expected to be deferred due to a pending appeal
3. FY11 Tier 1 budget reductions
As always, the public is invited and encouraged to attend these meetings.
For more information, contact the Alachua County Communications Office at 352-374-5204.