The Alachua County Commission will conduct their Regular Meeting on Tuesday, February 12, 2019. The Regular Meeting begins at 9 a.m. The Regular Public Hearing, which usually begins at 5 p.m., as well as the Shade Meeting, scheduled for 4 p.m., are canceled. The Regular Meeting is in the Jack Durrance Auditorium (Room 209), located on the second floor of the Alachua County Administration Building (12 S.E. 1st Street, downtown Gainesville).
Items of interest at the Regular Meeting:
- Approval of a Proclamation declaring February 2, 2019, as "Barbara L. Higgins Day" in Alachua County, FL
- Approval of a Proclamation declaring February 23, 2019, as "Menagerie in Motion Day" in Alachua County, Florida
- Approve appointment to the Value Adjustment Board (VAB)
- Rural Concerns Advisory Committee appointments to fill two vacant positions
- Health Facilities Authority appointment
- Program presentation by Sheriff Sadie Darnell
- Presentation on 2020 Census and Request for Appointment to Complete Count Committee
- Grace Knight Conference Room upgrades
- MV Contract Transportation, Inc. First Amendment to Agreement - #10830
- Fifth Amendment to Purchase and Sale Agreement with the Trust for Public Land for Purchase of the High Springs to Newberry Rail Trail
- Update on the "Transporting Ecologies: an Addendum to the Alachua Countywide Bicycle Masterplan"
- Authorize an Invitation to Negotiate for Sale, Lease, Partnership, or Management of Camp McConnell
View the Regular Meeting and backup materials
There are two public comment opportunities during the Regular Meeting, which enable citizens to speak to items, not on the agenda. The public is encouraged to attend the meeting. It will be available to view live on Facebook, Cox Channel 12, and on the County’s Video on Demand website.
Citizens are encouraged to stay engaged by signing up for the following: Facebook Twitter Instagram Newsletter/Press Release
For more information, contact the Alachua County Communications Office at 352-374-5204.