The Alachua County Commission will conduct the Regular Meeting, and the Public Hearing on Tuesday, January 8, 2019. The Regular Meeting begins at 9 a.m., and the Public Hearing begins at 5 p.m. Both meetings are in the Jack Durrance Auditorium (Room 209), located on the second floor of the Alachua County Administration Building (12 S.E. 1st Street, downtown Gainesville).
Items of interest at the Regular Meeting:
- Length of Service milestone recognition
- Arts Council of Alachua County annual work plan and accomplishments
- GRU presentation on sanitary sewer overflows
- Fourth Amendment to Purchase and Sale Agreement with the Trust for Public Land for purchase of the High Springs to Newberry Rail Trail
View the Regular Meeting and backup materials
Items of interest at the Public Hearing:
- Resolution of Intent to utilize non-ad valorem assessments for solid waste collection, disposal, recycling, and management; and for community maintenance in the Sugarfoot Oaks/Cedar Ridge Preservation and Enhancement District
- Public Hearing to adopt amendments to Chapter 404.108 ULDC related to dock permitting
View the Public Hearing agenda and backup materials
There are four public comment opportunities during the Regular/Public Hearing Meetings, which enable citizens to speak to items, not on the agenda. The public is encouraged to attend the meetings. They will be available to view live on Facebook, Cox Channel 12, and on the County’s Video on Demand website.
Citizens are encouraged to stay engaged by signing up for the following: Facebook Twitter Instagram Newsletter/Press Release
For more information, contact the Alachua County Communications Office at 352-374-5204.