The Alachua County Hazardous Waste Collection Center offers a fee based disposal program for small businesses. Properly manage and dispose of the hazardous and regulated wastes generated by your small business.
Businesses must comply with federal, state and local hazardous waste rules and regulations, properly dispose of their waste and have documented proof of disposal.
Ensure that your business avoids penalties by properly managing and disposing of wastes at the Hazardous Waste Collection Center or other EPA approved disposal facilities.
Contact the center prior to drop off to discuss program availability for your business and to determine the fee for waste disposal, no appointment is necessary.
What is a Hazardous Waste?
A hazardous waste is any discarded, useless, or unwanted chemical or by-product that may be hazardous or toxic to employees, the public or the environment. These materials are dangerous and should be stored, managed and disposed properly.
The following small businesses are required to comply:
- Auto repair shops
- Construction companies
- Dental offices
- Dry cleaners
- Maintenance companies
- Paint and body shops
- Silk screen printers
Small businesses must properly dispose of the following hazardous and regulated wastes:
- Aerosol cans
- Automotive, rechargeable batteries
- Contaminated soil & rags
- Flammable liquids
- Fluorescent lamps
- Lab chemicals
- Light ballasts
- Oil filters
- Old computers & TVs
- Paint & Paint thinner waste
- Photographic waste
- Used oil & Gasoline
Small Business Waste Disposal Fees
- Used oils/diesel fuel/hydraulic fluids - $1.25/gallon or $41.75/drum
- Oils mixed with water (wastewaters, non hazardous) - $2.45/gallon
- Used oil filters - $22.60/55 gallon drum or $3.90/5 gallon pail
- Gasoline - $1.35/gallon
- Antifreeze/coolant - $1.85/gallon
- Non hazardous solids (soil/absorbents) - $1.00/pound, $39.10/55 gallon drum
- Automotive/rechargeable batteries - No charge
- Hazardous solids (dry cleaner filters) - $1.30/pound, $161.00/55 gallon drum
- Dry cleaner liquids - $7.75/gallon
- Sludges, non hazardous - $1.95/gallon, hazardous - $10.00/gallon
- Latex/acrylic paint - $1.95/gallon
- Oil based/alkyd paint - $3.70/gallon
- Flammable/combustible liquids, solvents - $3.70/gallon
- Formalin solutions - $9.35/gallon
- Photographic solutions - $8.50 gallon
- Aerosol cans - $1.15/pound
- Fluorescent lamps/4 feet or less - $0.40/each
- Fluorescent lamps/over 4 feet - $0.40/each
- Fluorescent lamps/irregular shaped - $0.40/each
- Fluorescent lamps/compact - $0.40/each
- HID, metal halide, mercury vapor lamps - $1.40/each
- Non-PCB ballasts - $1.00/each
- Computer monitors(CRT), LCD/LED TVs - $0.55/pound
- Televisions CRT, all sizes - $0.60/pound
- Computer peripherals - No charge
- Corrosives liquids (acids or bases) - $0.85/pound or $6.80/gallon
- Corrosives solid - $0.90/pound
- Poison liquids (pesticides) - $8.75/gallon
- Poison solids - $1.30/pound
- Oxidizing liquids - $43.00/gallon
- Oxidizing solids - $5.55/pound
- Mercury (elemental or containers) - $4.25/pound
This is not a compete listing of the waste streams the Hazardous Waste Collection Center accepts from small businesses, call 334-0440 for other fees associated with the program.
If you have any question regarding Household Hazardous Waste, please contact (352)-334-0440 or the ACEPD at (352)-264-6800.