This program is being administered in conjunction with upcoming code requirements which address energy efficiency in rental units. The intent of the program is to provide a fund for landlords to bring their units into compliance with these new code requirements. For this reason, you can only qualify for this program if:
- You live within the unincorporated areas or the smaller municipalities of Alachua County
- You (the renter) pays utilities
- The building that your rental unit is in is a single-family home, duplex, and quadplex (rentals only)
- Your landlord would also like to participate
If your rental unit is within the City of Gainesville, you can find information on a similar program you may be qualified for here.
In addition to these requirements for your unit, you (the renter) also have to meet certain requirements. These requirements are outlined by the U.S. Department of the Treasury as a condition to use awards from the American Rescue Plan Act, which funds this program. There are many different ways to qualify for this program. If you do not qualify in one way, please keep reading, as you may qualify another way.
The following are all pathways for eligibility in this program. If any of the following apply to you, please complete an application and someone will reach out to you.
- You live in a low-income or marginalized neighborhood (some neighborhoods have been pre-qualified for the program), OR
- Your household makes 50% or less of the Area Median Income for your area, OR
- You are enrolled in any of the following federal programs
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Free- and Reduced-Price Lunch (NSLP) and/or School Breakfast (SBP) programs
- Medicare Part D Low-Income Subsidies
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Head Start and/or Early Head Start
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
- Section 8 Vouchers
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Pell Grants
- Your household receives services from a tribal government or U.S. Territory
If you can answer yes to ANY of these questions, please email us here.