Survey Department is a division of the Real Property Department. The goal of this department is to save the taxpayers of Alachua County money by using an in-house surveying team
that can respond more quickly to the needs of County Government. Below is a small list of the functions fulfilled by the Survey Department:
- Enhances the County Densification Survey of 1988
- Monuments County rights of way and drainage easements
- Assists in the development of the GIS network
- Establishes County right of way by surveying and recording maintenance maps
- Develops as-built drawings on accidents involving County vehicles.
The Survey Department offers GIS and GPS services to the governing
bodies of the outlying municipalities surrounding Alachua County. To get more
information on this service or to request services, contact Charlie Breken at 352-548-1224 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Survey Department is unable to provide surveys for the public.
The Survey Department consists of 6 positions, one of which is held by a Florida Professional Surveyor and Mapper. The positions are as follows:
- County Surveyor - Licensed surveyor with over 19 years of surveying experience in the private sector and with local government.
- Senior Survey Technician - Bryant Newsom
- Survey Technician - Jeffery Hodges
- Survey Aides - Travis Forsyth
- Richard Troha
- Survey Cad Tech - Braden Welch