To establish a policy for the support of new or innovative mental health services for 16 U. S. Code section 501(c)(3) (“501(c)(3)”) organizations or local governments.
It is the policy of Alachua County to adhere to these procedures in order to ensure equitable consideration of new or innovative mental health services requests on a reimbursement basis (not to exceed $50,000 per fiscal year) that help support the mission of the Alachua County Board of County Commissioners (“BoCC”).
- The 501(c)3 or local government requesting support from Alachua County shall complete a “New or Innovative Mental Health Services Support” form and submit it to the County Manager for inclusion on the next available BoCC meeting for consideration.
- The applicant is ineligible if it has received funding through the County’s Community Health Offering Innovative Care and Educational Services (CHOICES), Community Agency Partnership Program (CAPP) or any other County grant program within the 12 months prior to its application.
- The organization may only apply one time per fiscal year for funding support.
- The County Manager shall complete and submit the agenda item after review.
- The BoCC shall consider the request.
- The County Manager shall convey the decision to the organization.
- If the request is approved, then the organization shall submit an invoice with supporting documentation or receipts to the County Manager, in the amount approved by the BoCC.