ALACHUA COUNTY, FL – The Alachua County Commission will conduct their Regular Meeting/Public Hearing on Tuesday, May 23, 2017. The Regular Meeting begins at 9 a.m., and the Public Hearing begins at 5 p.m. Both meetings are in the Jack Durrance Auditorium (Room 209) on the second floor of the Alachua County Administration Building (12 S.E. 1st Street, downtown Gainesville).
Items of interest at the Regular Meeting:
3. Approval of a Proclamation declaring May 29th, 2017 as "Memorial Day" in Alachua County FL
4. Approval of a Proclamation declaring May 21st through 27th, 2017 as "Emergency Medical Services Week" in Alachua County, FL
5. Alachua County Historical Commission appointments
6. Community Food Center update
7. Mental health recovery through peer support presentation
8. Economic development update: UF Innovation Hub
10. Court security presentation by Sheriff Sadie Darnell
11. Cancellation of the Fire Services Assistance Agreement (FSAA) effective June 1, 2018
12. Business and Economic Growth Action Plan update
13. 2017 State of Florida Priority Land Trails Network proposed changes
14. Construction Manager at Risk for the new Alachua County Fairground: RFP 17-672
View the Regular Meeting/Consent agenda and backup materials
Items of interest at the Public Hearing:
Proclamations and Presentations
2. Approval of a Proclamation declaring May 2017 as "Democratic Women's History Month" in Alachua County, FL
3. Approval of a proclamation declaring May 21st through 27th, 2017 as "Public Works Week" in Alachua County, FL
4. Proposed amendment to the Alachua County Comprehensive Plan: 2011-2030 future land use element related to cottage neighborhoods
5. Public Hearing to consider adoption of Comprehensive Plan Amendment delineating the Evinston Rural Cluster on the Future Land Use Map (“CPA 08-16”)
6. Public Hearing on proposed amendment to Alachua County Comprehensive Plan to update aviation-related policies and delete outdated maps (CPA 04-17)
8. Confederate soldier statue discussion
View the Public Hearing agenda and backup materials
There are four public comment opportunities during the Regular/Public Hearing Meetings, which enable citizens to speak to items not on the agenda. The public is encouraged to attend meetings, view them live on Cox Channel 12, or on the County’s Video on Demand website.
Free parking is available for citizens attending these meetings. Please park in the S.W. Parking Garage (105 S.W. 3rd Street, Gainesville) and bring your parking stub to the Alachua County Manager's Office, located on the 2nd floor of the County Administration Building, to receive a chaser validation ticket.
Citizens are encouraged to stay engaged by signing up for the following: Facebook Twitter Newsletter/Press Release
For more information, contact the Alachua County Communications Office at 352-374-5204.