ALACHUA COUNTY, FL – The Alachua County Commission will conduct their Regular Meeting/Public Hearing on Tuesday, April 25, 2017. The Regular Meeting begins at 9 a.m., and the Public Hearing begins at 5 p.m. Both meetings are in the Jack Durrance Auditorium (Room 209) on the second floor of the Alachua County Administration Building (12 S.E. 1st Street, downtown Gainesville).
Items of interest at the Regular Meeting:
3. Approval of a Proclamation declaring April 2017 as "Altrusa Appreciation Month" in Alachua County, FL
4. Approval of a Proclamation declaring May 6th and May 7th, 2017 as "Celebration of Tree City Quilters Guild Days" in Alachua County, FL
5. Land Conservation Board appointments
6. Alachua County Rural Concerns Advisory Committee appointments
7. Economic development update: UF Sid Martin Biotechnology Institute
8. Brief local history presentation by County Historical Commission
10. Request confirmation of Charles Houder, as Parks and Conservation Lands Director
11. Initial resolution establishing a preliminary rate for the FY18 Stormwater Assessment
12. County Fairgrounds / Parcel "E" exchange timber recommendations
13. Road project funding with existing budget
View the Regular Meeting/Consent agenda and backup materials
Items of interest at the Public Hearing:
2. Public Hearing to amend the FY17 budget for mid-year adjustments
3. Consider approval of an ordinance amending open container restrictions
4. Public Hearing to consider an ordinance repealing Section 30.01 of the County Code
Proclamations and Presentations
6. 2017 "Saving My Alachua" Environmental Art Contest Winners Recognition
7. Approval of a Proclamation declaring April 25th, 2017 as "UF Health Pediatric Heart Transplant Program Day" in Alachua County, FL
8. Approval of a Proclamation declaring May 1st through May 7th, 2017 as "Corrections/Detention Employees Appreciation Week" in Alachua County, FL
9. Approval of a Proclamation declaring April 2017 as "Sexual Assault Awareness Month" in Alachua County, FL
View the Public Hearing agenda and backup materials
There are four public comment opportunities during the Regular/Public Hearing Meetings, which enable citizens to speak to items not on the agenda. The public is encouraged to attend meetings, view them live on Cox Channel 12, or on the County’s Video on Demand website.
Free parking is available for citizens attending these meetings. Please park in the S.W. Parking Garage (105 S.W. 3rd Street, Gainesville) and bring your parking stub to the Alachua County Manager's Office, located on the 2nd floor of the County Administration Building, to receive a chaser validation ticket.
Citizens are encouraged to stay engaged by signing up for the following: Facebook Twitter Newsletter/Press Release
For more information, contact the Alachua County Communications Office at 352-374-5204.