ALACHUA COUNTY, FL – The Alachua County Commission will conduct their Regular Meeting/Public Hearing on Tuesday, February 14, 2017. The Regular Meeting begins at 9 a.m., and the Public Hearing begins at 5 p.m. Both meetings are in the Jack Durrance Auditorium (Room 209) on the second floor of the Alachua County Administration Building (12 S.E. 1st Street, downtown Gainesville).
Items of interest at the Regular Meeting:
4. Economic Development Advisory Committee (EDAC) membership and sunset date amendment
5. Rural Concerns Advisory Committee resolution amendment to provide for one member chosen at large
6. Cross Creek Volunteer Fire Department presentation
8. Community Agency Partnership Program (CAPP) contracts for Fiscal Year 2016-17, extended for a second one year term for Fiscal Year 2017-18
9. Approval of City of Gainesville partnership projects funded through the County’s Wild Spaces Public Places allocation
10. Request to create a Parks and Conservation Lands Director position
11. Request to include the Southwest Advocacy Group (SWAG) and the Alachua County Fairgrounds as part of the County’s approved Wild Spaces Public Places project list
12. Receipt of progress report on Alachua County ordinance for misdemeanor marijuana possession
13. Status of Countywide Radio System consultant RFP
14. N.W. 23rd Avenue Corridor County Incentive Grant Program application and typical cross section selection
View the Regular Meeting/Consent agenda and backup materials
Item of interest at the Public Hearing:
2. Solid Waste: resolution of intent to use uniform method of collecting non-ad valorem assessments
View the Public Hearing agenda and backup materials
There are four public comment opportunities during the Regular/Public Hearing Meetings, which enable citizens to speak to items not on the agenda. The public is encouraged to attend meetings, view them live on Cox Channel 12, or on the County’s Video on Demand website.
Free parking is available for citizens attending these meetings. Please park in the S.W. Parking Garage (105 S.W. 3rd Street, Gainesville) and bring your parking stub to the Alachua County Manager's Office, located on the 2nd floor of the County Administration Building, to receive a chaser validation ticket.
Citizens are encouraged to stay engaged by signing up for the following: Facebook Twitter Newsletter/Press Release
For more information, contact the Alachua County Communications Office at 352-374-5204.