ALACHUA COUNTY, FL – The Alachua County Commission will conduct their Regular Meeting/Public Hearing on Tuesday, September 13, 2016. The Regular Meeting begins at 9 a.m., and the Public Hearing begins at 5 p.m. Both meetings are in the Jack Durrance Auditorium (Room 209) on the second floor of the Alachua County Administration Building (12 S.E. 1st Street, downtown Gainesville).
Items of interest at the Regular Meeting:
7. Adopt FY17 Schedule of Fees and Charges for Services
8. Alachua County Forever debt service payoff
9. GMP Amendment for Construction Phase Services as per contract with D.E. Scorpio Corporation for the construction of Fire Station #23; RFP 15-526
10. GMP Amendment for Construction Phase Services as per contract with D.E. Scorpio Corporation for the construction of Fire Rescue Station #9, RFP 15-527
11. Golf cart operation on certain roadways
12. Risk and mitigation of injury to people by alligators in Alachua County
13. 2017 Legislative Agenda discussion
Items of interest at the Public Hearing:
19. 5:01 PM Public Hearing: FY17 Proposed Millage Rates and Adjusted Tentative Budgets
View the Regular/Public Hearing/Consent agenda and backup materials
Supplemental Agenda Items:
Items to be Added to the Regular Meeting Agenda
1. Sustainability Council Community Business Related Initiative update - Community Business Initiatives (to follow Item 8)
2. City of Newberry Annexations: Status update and discussion of Appeal Process (to follow Item 11)
3. Precut Timber (Deadhead Log) Recovery at Lake Santa Fe (to follow the item above)
Items to be Added to the Public Hearing Agenda
4. Approval of Proclamation declaring September 17th through 23rd as "Constitution Week" in Alachua County (to follow Item 19)
5. Public Hearing for the Preservation and Enhancement District Non-Ad Valorem Assessment (to follow the item above)
6. Solid Waste: Final Rate Resolution (to follow the item above)
7. CPA-01-16 Adoption Hearing for paved shoulders and bike lanes - Continued (to follow the item above)
View the Supplemental Agenda and backup materials
There are four public comment opportunities during the Regular/Public Hearing Meetings, which enable citizens to speak to items not on the agenda. The public is encouraged to attend meetings, view them live on Cox Channel 12, or on the County’s Video on Demand website.
Free parking is available for citizens attending these meetings. Please park in the S.W. Parking Garage (105 S.W. 3rd Street, Gainesville) and bring your parking stub to the Alachua County Manager's Office, located on the 2nd floor of the County Administration Building, to receive a chaser validation ticket.
Citizens are encouraged to stay engaged by signing up for the following: Facebook Twitter Newsletter/Press Release
For more information, contact the Alachua County Communications Office at 352-374-5204.