ALACHUA COUNTY, FL - The Alachua County Commission is seeking applicants for the newly created Children’s Service Advisory Board (CSAB), which is dedicated to meeting the needs of children, prenatal to five years of age. The Board will be made up of four designated members, five appoint members and one alternate. The deadline for applications is Friday, May 13, 2016, at 11:59 p.m.
For those interested in serving on the CSAB, applications are found at the Alachua County Advisory Board website (once at the site, scroll down to the CSAB information and application links).
The CSAB’s four designated members will include:
- A representative of the Alachua County Public Schools, Superintendent
- A representative of the Department of Children and Family Services (district three)
- A representative of the Florida State Health Department in Alachua County
- A Judge
The responsibilities of the advisory board will include:
- Making recommendations to the County Commissioner regarding the creation of an independent special district
- Recommending innovative and creative programs
- Gathering data about the needs of children and their families
- Making recommendations regarding funding to local agencies benefitting children and families
- Working with agencies to identify and prevent overlapping of services
- Meeting at least quarterly with all meetings open to the general public
The CSAB was established by the Alachua County Commission on April 26, 2016.
Watch the video of the Commission discussion and resolution adoption.
“I think this is an awesome thing we are doing,” Commission Chair Robert “Hutch” Hutchinson said. “The sooner we can get these people appointed and meeting, the better.”
For more information, contact Alachua County Community Support Services Assistant Director Candie Nixon at 352-264-6717.