ALACHUA COUNTY, FL – The Alachua County Commission will conduct their Regular Meeting/Public Hearing on Tuesday, March 22, 2016. The Regular Meeting begins at 9 a.m., and the Public Hearing begins at 5 p.m. Both meetings are in the Jack Durrance Auditorium (Room 209) on the second floor of the Alachua County Administration Building (12 S.E. 1st Street, downtown Gainesville).
Items of interest at the Regular Meeting:
7. Three Minute Local History presentation by the Alachua County Historical Commission
8. Healthy Weight Community Champion Certification
9. Program presentation by Alachua County Sheriff Sadie Darnell
10. Ballot Initiative discussion on municipal priorities
11. Johnson Controls: annual HVAC maintenance services extension (controls excluded) and special pay request
12. Summary of PACE Interlocal Agreement differences
13. Water conservation projects update
14. SW 63rd Blvd/SW 62nd Ave rehabilitation project
15. Rayonier right of entry agreement
16. County Local Agency Program agreement with Florida Department of Transportation for construction and management of bike lane/sidewalk on SE 221st Street from Trailhead to SR 20
17. Animal Services Wagmore Grant application for UF treatment room renovation
Item of interest at the Public Hearing:
23. Town of Tioga Planned Development Phase 17 Plat
View the complete Regular/Public Hearing/Consent agenda and backup materials
Supplemental Agenda Items:
Item to be Added to the Consent Agenda
• Nextran Corporation Finance Report and Purchase Order 161206, per Gina Peebles (to follow Item # 34)
View the Supplemental Agenda and backup materials
There are four public comment opportunities during the Regular/Public Hearing Meetings, which enable citizens to speak to items not on the agenda. The public is encouraged to attend meetings, view them live on Cox Channel 12, or on the County’s Video on Demand website.
Free parking is available for citizens attending these meetings. Please park in the S.W. Parking Garage (220 S.E. 2nd Ave, Gainesville) and bring your parking stub to the Alachua County Manager's Office, located on the 2nd floor of the County Administration Building, to receive a chaser validation ticket.
Citizens are encouraged to stay engaged by signing up for the following: Facebook Twitter Newsletter/Press Release
For more information, contact the Alachua County Communications Office at 352-374-5204.