ALACHUA COUNTY, FL – The Alachua County Commission will conduct their Regular Meeting/Public Hearing on Tuesday, January 26, 2016. The Regular Meeting begins at 9 a.m., and the Public Hearing begins at 5 p.m. Both meetings are in the Jack Durrance Auditorium (Room 209) on the second floor of the Alachua County Administration Building (12 S.E. 1st Street, downtown Gainesville).
Items of interest at the Regular Meeting:
4. Program presentation by Alachua County Sheriff Sadie Darnell
5. Financial support for special event/program - Summer Heatwave Program for at-risk teens
6. Board policy MSBU private infrastructure
7. Florida Department of Transportation I-75 Relief and future corridors planning processes
8. FDOT General Use Permit For installation of “Where Nature and Culture Meet” signage with existing “Entering Alachua County” signs
9. Request to maintain three-person staffing in rural stations (12.0 FTEs)
10. Discussion of joint City of Gainesville and Alachua County Homeless Outreach Team proposal
Items of interest at the Public Hearing:
16. CPA 05-15: County-initiated Comprehensive Plan Amendment for Rural Event Centers
17. CPA 06-15: County-initiated Comprehensive Plan Amendment regarding Accessory Dwelling Units in the Rural Area
18. Lugano Traditional Neighborhood Development (TND)
View the complete Regular/Public Hearing/Consent agenda and backup materials
Supplemental Agenda Items:
Items to be Added to the Regular Agenda
- Proclamation declaring February 5, 2016 as “School Crossing Guard Day”, per Gina Peebles (to precede Item #4)
- Alachua County Housing Authority Board appointments, per James Harriott, Jr. (to follow the item above)
- Confirmation of Claudia Tuck as Director of Community Support Services, per Dr. Lee Niblock (to precede Item #5)
- Examination of sufficiency of public official bonds for County officers, per Tommy Crosby (to follow Item #6)
- Continued discussion regarding creation of a Children Services Council, per Angela Montgomery (to follow Item #8)
View the Supplemental Agenda and backup material
There are four public comment opportunities during the Regular/Public Hearing Meetings, which enable citizens to speak to items not on the agenda. The public is encouraged to attend meetings, view them live on Cox Channel 12, or on the County’s Video on Demand website.
Free parking is available for citizens attending these meetings. Please park in the S.W. Parking Garage (220 S.E. 2nd Ave, Gainesville) and bring your parking stub to the Alachua County Manager's Office, located on the 2nd floor of the County Administration Building, to receive a chaser validation ticket.
Citizens are encouraged to stay engaged by signing up for the following: Facebook Twitter Newsletter/Press Release
For more information, contact the Alachua County Communications Office at 352-374-5204.