ALACHUA COUNTY, FL – The Alachua County Commission will conduct their Regular Meeting/Public Hearing on Tuesday, September 8, 2015. The Regular Meeting begins at 9 a.m., and the Public Hearing begins at 5 p.m. Both meetings are in the Jack Durrance Auditorium (Room 209) on the second floor of the Alachua County Administration Building (12 S.E. 1st Street, downtown Gainesville).
Items of interest at the Regular Meeting include:
7. 352 Cultural Arts Plan Overview
8. Confirmation of Solid Waste and Resource Recovery Department Director
9. Inter-Agency Agreement with the Office of State Courts Administrator (OSCA) for access to criminal justice information via the Judicial Inquiry System (JIS)
Items of interest at the Public Hearing:
15. 5:01 PM Public Hearing: FY16 Proposed Millage Rates and Adjusted Tentative Budgets
16. Solid Waste: Final Rate Resolution
17. Public Hearing for the Preservation and Enhancement District Non-Ad Valorem Assessment
18. Registry of Protected Public Places, request to add certain properties acquired through the Alachua County Forever Program
19. Resolution to add the Wild Spaces and Public Places oversight duties to the Land Conservation Board and sunset the Wild Spaces and Public Places Citizen’s Oversight Committee
View the complete Regular/Public Hearing/Consent agenda and backup materials.
There are four public comment opportunities during the Regular/Public Hearing Meetings, which enable citizens to speak to items not on the agenda. The public is encouraged to attend meetings, view them live on Cox Channel 12, or on the County’s Video on Demand website.
Citizens are encouraged to stay engaged by signing up for the following: Facebook Twitter Newsletter/Press Release
For more information, contact the Alachua County Communications Office at 352-374-5204.