ALACHUA COUNTY, FL – The Alachua County Commission will conduct their Regular Meeting/Public Hearing on Tuesday, February 24, 2015. The Regular Meeting begins at 9 a.m., and the Public Hearing begins at 5 p.m. Both meetings are in the Jack Durrance Auditorium (Room 209) on the second floor of the Alachua County Administration Building located at 12 S.E. 1st Street, downtown Gainesville.
Items of interest at the Regular Meeting include:
5. Presentation on Medicaid Expansion in Florida by the League of Women Voters
6. 2015 Strike Out Hunger Food Drive Presentation
7. Request to Advertise a Public Hearing to consider the adoption of an ordinance to establish a special magistrate for enforcement cases as an optional process for codes enforcement actions.
8. Reestablish the Sustainability Program
9. Amendment to the Interlocal Agreement with City of Newberry - Refinance of Champions Park Debt
10. 7.6 acres in Melrose Purchase and Sale Agreement with C. Douglas Miller
Items of interest at the Public Hearing:
16. Unified Land Development Code Amendment First Public Hearing
17. Anthem Church Preliminary Development Plan- A public hearing to consider a Preliminary Development Plan for an approximately 56,000 sq. ft. place of worship on approximately 10.07 acres, located at 2902 SW 75th Street. For more information, contact the Alachua County Growth Management Department at 352-374-5249 or Christine Berish at firstname.lastname@example.org.
View the complete Regular/Public Hearing/Consent agenda and backup materials.
There are four public comment opportunities during the Regular/Public Hearing Meetings, which enable citizens to speak to items not on the agenda. Citizens are encouraged to attend meetings, view them live on Cox Channel 12, or on the County’s Video on Demand website. Citizens are encouraged to stay engaged by signing up for the following: Facebook Twitter Newsletter/Press Release
For more information, contact the Alachua County Communications Office at 352-374-5204.