Hearing on Tuesday, November 18, 2014. The Regular Meeting begins at 9 a.m. and the Public Hearing begins at 5 p.m. Both meetings are in the Jack Durrance Auditorium (Room 209) on the second floor of the Alachua County Administration Building located at 12 SE 1st Street, downtown Gainesville.
The meetings are being held on the third Tuesday, rather than the second and fourth due to holidays, and are formatted differently due to the Commission Induction Ceremony. There will only be one morning public comment period, which will be at the end of the morning meeting. There will also be a recess taken after the Induction Ceremony for a reception in the Grace Knight Conference Room (also located on the second floor of the Alachua County Administration Building.
Items of interest at the Regular Meeting include:
2. Commission Induction Ceremony
4. Recognition of Betty M. Baker's retirement from the Alachua County Board of County Commissioners after more than 12 years of dedicated service to the citizens of Alachua County
5. Present the National Facility Maintenance Decisions (FMD) Achievement Award Certificate for the Civil Courthouse HVAC Project
Items of interest at the Public Hearing:
10. A request to amend the Alachua County Comprehensive Plan 2030 Plan Future Land Use Element Policies 6.1.8 and 6.2 to allow certain wood-based industrial uses in the Rural/Ag. land use.
11. Granite Parke Planned Development Replat of Lot 23
12. FY15 Budget for Carry Forwards, Re-appropriations, and Other Fund Balance Adjustments
For more information, contact the Alachua County Communications Office at 352-374-5204.