ALACHUA COUNTY, FL – The Alachua County Commission will conduct their Regular Meeting/Public Hearing on Tuesday, September 9, 2014. The Regular Meeting begins at 9 a.m. and the Public Hearing begins at 5 p.m. Both meetings are in the Jack Durrance Auditorium (Room 209) on the second floor of the Alachua County Administration Building located at 12 SE 1st Street, downtown Gainesville.
Items of interest at the Regular Meeting include:
9. Three Minute History Presentation by the Alachua County Historical Commission
10. Public Improvement Revenue Note, Series 2014
11. Revision to Senior Management Retirement
12. Create Department of Facilities Management and add Facilities Director to the pay plan
13. SAD-Authorization to advertise Notice of Intent to Use Uniform Method of Collection Non-Ad Valorem Assessments
Items of interest at the Public Hearing:
18. 5:01 PM: Public Hearing: FY15 Proposed Millage Rates and Adjusted Tentative Budgets
19. Solid Waste: Final Rate Resolution
20. Public Hearing for the Preservation and Enhancement District Non-Ad Valorem Assessment
21. Request to Hold a Public Hearing to consider an Amendment to the Town of Micanopy's Wild Spaces and Public Places eligible projects list
22. Estates of Wilds Plantation Subdivision
View the complete Regular/Public Hearing/Consent agenda and backup materials.
There are four public comment opportunities during the Regular/Public Hearing Meetings, which enable citizens to speak to items not on the agenda. Citizens are encouraged to attend meetings, view them live on Cox Channel 12, or on the County’s Video on Demand website. Citizens are encouraged to stay engaged by signing up for the following: Facebook Twitter Newsletter/Press Release
For more information, contact the Alachua County Communications Office at 352-374-5204.