ALACHUA COUNTY, FL – The Alachua County Commission is pleased to announce the formation of the MOVING ALACHUA COUNTY FORWARD Citizen Oversight Committee. The MOVING ALACHUA COUNTY FORWARD transportation surtax is a 1% - 8 year sales surtax initiative that will be on the November 4, 2014 ballot. If passed, the proceeds will be used for road improvements, bus station and route enhancements, and bicycle/pedestrian projects in the unincorporated area of the County and within all of the municipalities.
If the initiative passes in November the responsibilities of the committee will include:
1. Assuring citizens and elected officials that funds approved through the referendum are expended only for projects as approved in the Moving Alachua County Forward Ballot Language and the County and Municipal Transportation System Project Lists
2. Track overall expenditure of Moving Alachua County Forward one percent sales surtax revenues
3. Provide recommendations to the County and municipalities if amendments are proposed to the Moving Alachua County Forward Ordinance and/or County and Municipal inter-local agreements designating eligible projects
The Citizens Oversight Committee will have seven voting members plus four alternates. All members must be residents of Alachua County.
The appointments will be as follows:
· Two members plus one alternate appointed by the County,
· Two members plus one alternate appointed by the City of Gainesville,
· Two members plus one alternate appointed by the Alachua County League of Cities
· One member plus one alternate appointed by the Gainesville Area Chamber of Commerce
Members may not be county or municipal elected officials or employees. Alachua County appointees will include one 4 year term, one 2 year term and the alternate will serve a 4 year term.
Applications for the Alachua County appointed positions are due by September 10, 2014.
Click here to apply to the MOVING ALACHUA COUNTY FORWARD Oversight Board
Click here to see the Resolution forming the Oversight Committee
Go to the MOVING ALACHUA COUNTY FORWARD Facebook site
For more information contact Advisory Board Coordinator Jeremy Clements at 352-374-5249 or email@example.com