ALACHUA COUNTY, FL – The Alachua County Commission will conduct their Regular Meeting/Public Hearing on Tuesday, June 24, 2014. The Regular Meeting begins at 9 a.m. and the Public Hearing begins at 5 p.m. Both meetings are in the Jack Durrance Auditorium (Room 209) on the second floor of the Alachua County Administration Building located at 12 SE 1st Street, downtown Gainesville.
Item of interest at the Regular Meeting:
7. Protect Florida’s Springs (PFS) grants
Items of interest at the Public Hearing:
12. Self-Insurance Ordinance amendments - request to consider adoption
13. Proposed Hospital Lien Ordinance
14. Fix Alachua: two initiatives to reform County government
15. ZOX-03-14: A request for a special exception for an animal sanctuary (Koreymonde Primate Sanctuary) on approximately 6.29 acres in an 'A' (Agricultural) zoning district
View the complete Regular/Public Hearing/Consent agenda and backup materials.
There are four public comment opportunities during the Regular/Public Hearing Meetings, which enable citizens to speak to items not on the agenda. Citizens are encouraged to attend meetings, view them live on Cox Channel 12, or on the County’s Video on Demand website. Citizens are encouraged to stay engaged by signing up for the following: Facebook Twitter Newsletter/Press Release
For more information, contact the Alachua County Communications Office at 352-374-5204.