ALACHUA COUNTY, FL – The Alachua County Commission will conduct their Regular Meeting/Public Hearing on Tuesday, April 22, 2014. The Regular Meeting begins at 9 a.m. and the Public Hearing begins at 5 p.m. Both meetings are in the Jack Durrance Auditorium (Room 209) on the second floor of the Alachua County Administration Building located at 12 SE 1st Street, downtown Gainesville.
Items of interest at the Regular Meeting include:
13. Veterans Memorial at Kanapaha Park renovation plans
14. Settlement of cost recovery claim for Cabot-Koppers Superfund Site
15. Confirmation of William D. Cerlanek as Public Works Director for Alachua County, effective April 21, 2014.
16. Solid Waste: Curbside Collection Contract
17. Solid Waste: Commercial Disposal Agreement
18. FY 2014, 2015 Alachua County Housing Finance Authority Housing Assistance Plan
19. NSP real estate offer to sell 3119 NE 11th Terrace, Gainesville
20. Medical Examiner building needs
Item of interest at the Public Hearing:
26. Update on SWAG Family Resource Center - Status of SWAG Health Clinic
28. Longleaf Planned Development Unit IV Phase VIII Replat of Lot 520 - A public hearing to consider a replat to correct a 1 foot building setback encroachment located at 7965 SW 82nd Drive. Please contact the Alachua County Growth Management Department at 352-374-5249 or Rick Wolf at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
29. Cheney Walk Estates Phase II Replat of Lot 37 - A public hearing to consider a replat to change the front setback to 40’ located at 1103 SW 107th Drive. Please contact the Alachua County Growth Management Department at 352-374-5249 or Rick Wolf at email@example.com for further information.
30. Newberry Road and 122nd Street Traditional Neighborhood Development Preliminary Development Plan - A public hearing to consider a Preliminary Development Plan for a Traditional Neighborhood Development containing a maximum of 150,000 sf non-residential and a maximum of 300 residential units located in the 12000 block of West Newberry Road. Please contact the Alachua County Growth Management Department at 352-374-5249 or Christine Berish at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
View the complete Regular/Public Hearing/Consent agenda and backup materials.
There are four public comment opportunities during the Regular/Public Hearing Meetings, which enable citizens to speak to items not on the agenda. Citizens are encouraged to attend meetings, view them live on Cox Channel 12, or on the County’s Video on Demand website. Citizens are encouraged to stay engaged by signing up for the following: Facebook Twitter Newsletter/Press Release
For more information, contact the Alachua County Communications Office at 352-374-5204.