ALACHUA COUNTY, FL – The Alachua County Commission will conduct their Regular Meeting/Public Hearing on Tuesday, April 8, 2014. The Regular Meeting begins at 9 a.m. and the Public Hearing begins at 5 p.m. Both meetings are in the Jack Durrance Auditorium (Room 209) on the second floor of the Alachua County Administration Building located at 12 SE 1st Street, downtown Gainesville.
Items of interest at the Regular Meeting include:
10. Revisions to Employee Policies
11. NW 143rd Street at NW 32nd Avenue Intersection Modification
12. NSP Real Estate Offer to Sell 1314 NE 31st Place, Gainesville
Item of interest at the Public Hearing:
18. ZOS-01-14: A special use permit to allow for a single-family residence to be built in a bald eagle nesting zone
19. Public Hearing to Amend the FY14 Budget for Changes in Fund Balance and Other Revenue
20. Option to purchase the Lake Forest Creek - Floyd and Floyd Property by Alachua County Forever
21. A proposed amendment to the Alachua County Unified Land Development Code to add Wood Processing Facilities as a use allowed by special exception in the A(Agriculture) Zoning District.
View the complete Regular/Public Hearing/Consent agenda and backup materials.
There are four public comment opportunities during the Regular/Public Hearing Meetings, which enable citizens to speak to items not on the agenda. Citizens are encouraged to attend meetings, view them live on Cox Channel 12, or on the County’s Video on Demand website. Citizens are encouraged to stay engaged by signing up for the following: Facebook Twitter Newsletter/Press Release
For more information, contact the Alachua County Communications Office at 352-374-5204.