ALACHUA COUNTY, FL – The Alachua County Commission will conduct their Regular Meeting/Public Hearing on Tuesday, March 11, 2014. The Regular Meeting begins at 9 a.m. and the Public Hearing begins at 5 p.m. Both meetings are in the Jack Durrance Auditorium (Room 209) on the second floor of the Alachua County Administration Building located at 12 SE 1st Street, downtown Gainesville.
Items of interest at the Regular Meeting include:
5. Economic and Business Growth Workshop Announcement
9. Quarterly Hiring Activity Report FY 2014 1st Quarter
10. Resolution: Exchange of County Property with Plum Creek
11. Special Assessment District for NW 210 Avenue, NW 205 Street, NW 218 Avenue and NW 202 Street east of NW County Road 236
Item of interest at the Public Hearing:
16. Request to hold a Public Hearing to adopt Ordinance, and approve other documents, to amend the purpose of the Land Conservation Board
17. Unified Land Development Code proposed amendment to add wood processing facilities as a use allowed by special exception in the A(Agriculture) Zoning District
18. Public Hearing to consider proposed changes to the Unified Land Development Code in Chapter 407, Article 3, Signs
19. ZOM-10-13: A request to rezone from mixed-use PD (Planned Development) district to BR (Business Retail Sales) district and R-1a (Single Family Residential) district
View the complete Regular/Public Hearing/Consent agenda and backup materials.
There are four public comment opportunities during the Regular/Public Hearing Meetings, which enable citizens to speak to items not on the agenda. Citizens are encouraged to attend meetings, view them live on Cox Channel 12, or on the County’s Video on Demand website. Citizens are encouraged to stay engaged by signing up for the following: Facebook Twitter Newsletter/Press Release
For more information, contact the Alachua County Communications Office at 352-374-5204.