ALACHUA COUNTY, FL – The Alachua County Commission will conduct their Regular Meeting/Public Hearing on Tuesday, December 10, 2013. The Regular Meeting begins at 9 a.m. and the Public Hearing begins at 5 p.m. Both meetings are in the Jack Durrance Auditorium (Room 209) on the second floor of the County Administration Building (12 SE 1st Street, Gainesville)
Items of interest at the Regular Meeting include:
12. Veteran Services Advisory Boards Annual Report
13. Presentation: Jail Video Visitation System
14. Florida Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO) Resolution to amend OneSixtyOverNinety Inc. Qualified Target Industry (QTI) program agreement
15. Revision to Employee Policy 5-1 Compensation and Benefits
16. Select County Attorney Finalist
17. Bicycle/Pedestrian Work Program Update
19. Legislative update
Item of interest at the Public Hearing:
23. E-Cigarette Ordinance
24. Solid Waste: Resolution of Intent to Use Uniform Method of Collecting Non-Ad Valorem Assessments
25. Lake Forest Creek - Teuton Property by Alachua County Forever; purchase
Public Hearing zoning and land use item: (If you know citizens who live near this project, please share this press release.)
26. Turnberry Lake Phase III - A public hearing to consider a Final Plat for a 49 lot single family residential subdivision in the 13400-13800 blocks of NW 32nd Avenue. Please contact the Alachua County Growth Management Department at 374-5249 or Rick Wolf at email@example.com for further information.
27. The Hammock Planned Unit Development Replat Lot 35 - A public hearing to consider a Replat to change the designation of a rear setback to side setback on a corner lot; at 5310 NW 98th Terrace. Please contact the Alachua County Growth Management Department at 374-5249 or Rick Wolf at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
28. Country Club Manor, Unit 2 - Lot 12A - A public hearing to consider a Replat to correct an existing encroachment and to change the front building setback for a proposed addition; located at 5714 SW 36th Way. Please contact the Alachua County Growth Management Department at 374-5249 or Rick Wolf at email@example.com for further information.
29. ZOM-13-13: A minor amendment to the Timber Village PD to allow for additional parking area
30. ZOM-12-13: A request to create a new residential PD (Planned Development) district (Archer Farms) with a special exception for an agricultural events arena as well as to amend an existing PD district (Marlboro Farms).
View the complete Regular/Public Hearing/Consent agenda and backup materials.
There are four public comment opportunities during the Regular/Public Hearing Meetings, which enable citizens to speak to items not on the agenda. Citizens are encouraged to attend meetings, view them live on Cox Channel 12, or on the County’s Video on Demand website. Citizens are encouraged to stay engaged by signing up for the following: Facebook Twitter Newsletter/Press Release
For more information, contact the Alachua County Communications Office at 352-374-5204.