ALACHUA COUNTY, FL – The Alachua County Commission will conduct their twice-monthly Regular Meeting/Public Hearing on Tuesday March 27, 2012. The Regular Meeting begins at 9 a.m. and the Public Hearing begins at 5 p.m. Both meetings are in the Jack Durrance Auditorium (Room 209) on the second floor of the Alachua County Administration Building located at 12 SE 1st Street, downtown Gainesville.
Items of interest at the Regular Meeting include:
6. Jail Interlocal Discussion by the Sheriff's Office
7. Inter Local Agreement with the Sheriff for Operations of the Alachua County Corrections Center (Jail)
15. Final Community-Wide Project List and Draft Interlocal Agreements for Transportation System Surtax
Items of interest at the Public Hearing include:
19. Presentation to the Board of County Commissioners from the Wild Spaces and Public Places Citizens Oversight Committee
20. Presentation and Public Workshop on the Proposed Updates to the Unified Land Development Code
View the Complete Regular/Public Hearing/Consent Agenda and Backup Materials
There are four public comment opportunities during the Regular/Public Hearing Meetings, which enable citizens to speak to items not on the agenda. Citizens are encouraged to attend the meetings or to view them live on Cox Channel 12 or on the County’s Video on Demand website. Citizens are encouraged to stay engaged by clicking on and signing up for the following products: Facebook Twitter Newsletter/Press ReleaseFor more information, contact the Alachua County Communications Office at 352-374-5204.