The North Central Florida Chapter of the National Institute for Governmental Purchasing (NIGP) is sponsoring the 3rd Annual Reverse Trade Show on Wednesday, July 19 from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at The Ewers Century Center-Harvey R. Klein Conference Center. The center is at Central Florida Community College (CFCC), 3001 SW College Road, Ocala.
This event is free. Instead of setting appointments and spending days to travel to each of the government agencies represented, businesses will have the opportunity to introduce themselves and meet with purchasing representatives from all the agencies in one room during the four hour period. They will be able to get pointers on dealing with the government and ascertain which entities may have need for their services and/or products.
Attendees can meet and network with governmental purchasing professionals from agencies such as:
- Alachua County BoCC & Library District
- Central Florida Community College - CFCC
- Citrus County BoCC
- City of Gainesville
- City of Ocala
- DemandStar.com by Onvia (County’s Bid Service Provider)
- Gainesville Regional Utilities - GRU
- Marion County BoCC
- Marion County Public Schools
- Santa Fe Community College – SFCC
- Southwest Florida Water Management District
- St Johns River Water Management District
- State of Florida Department of Corrections
- State of Florida DMS
- State of Florida Department of Financial Services, Division of Workers’ Comp
- Suwannee River Water Management District
- US General Administration – GSA
- University of Florida – UF
- Village Community Development Districts
“The government agencies participating in the reverse trade show are eager to tap the largest possible pool of vendors when they make purchases,” Alachua County Purchasing Manager Larry M. Sapp, CPPB, said. “We’re especially interested in reaching small and minority businesses.”
Walk-ins are welcome. To pre-register or for further information contact Darryl R. Kight, CPPB, or Matt Stevens of the Alachua County Purchasing Division at (352) 374-5202. Citizens can also visit the Alachua County Purchasing Division website at http://purchasing.alachua.fl.us/ for additional event details and a link to the online registration form.
Additionally, citizens can contact Jane Hurley of the City of Ocala at (352) 351-6707 for more information.
To reach the event from I-75
- Take exit #350-SR200.
- Head east 1 mile.
- CFCC entrance is on the left at the traffic light at SW 26th Street.
- Follow signs to Harvey R. Klein Conference Center at The Ewers Century Center.