ALACHUA COUNTY, FL - On Friday, February 19, 2010, the findings from the "2010 Alachua County Health Needs Assessment" will be presented to the community. The event is in the main auditorium at the Alachua County Health Department (224 S.E. 24th Street, Gainesville). Registration and refreshments begin at 8:30 a.m., and the event begins promptly at 9 a.m. and lasts until noon. Following an overview of the needs assessment information, participants will join in a facilitated discussion to help establish the vision of health and healthcare in Alachua County.
A health needs assessment is a proactive means of addressing health needs. Alachua County, through its Health Care Board and the Alachua County Health Department, has a longstanding tradition of regularly conducting health needs assessments (This is the fourth health needs assessment that has been conducted over the years. The last was completed and presented in 2004).
The 2010 Health Needs Assessment is funded by: Alachua County Health Department, Shands HealthCare, North Florida Regional Medical Center, Alachua County CHOICES Health Program, and Palms Medical Group. These groups have funded the Needs Assessment directly and members of each of these groups comprised the steering committee for the project.
The 2010 Health Needs Assessment includes the following sections:
- Demographic and Socioeconomic Profile of Alachua County
- Health Status Overview (mortality and morbidity statistics)
- Personal and Environmental Health Factors (data on health behaviors and things within the environment that may affect health)
- Access to Health Resources (insurance, provider supply, etc.)
- Community Input (comprised of: structured interviews with 40 key informants in the community, 20 focus groups with 150-200 respondents, and a telephone survey of 400 residents)
Beginning on Wednesday, February 17, you may visit www.wellflorida.com and click on "2010 Alachua County Health Needs Assessment Visioning Event" to download a detailed agenda and the data presentation.
For more information, contact Jeff Feller at 352-313-6500, ext. 115 or firstname.lastname@example.org.